I need to divert the front page of my profile from my last, depressing journal entry. So let's do some fun things, shall we?
I was tagged by UltraLiThematic Rules Post these rules. Post 8 facts about your character. Tag 8 other characters. Post their names along with their creators' avatars.
Character: Nikolai Romanow
1. His parents were from Russia and fled the country in the 2020s when he was very young, as a Nationalist power took over the government and proceeded to hunt down whoever they deemed "Revolutionists". That's how they came to the UK.
2. Has been born with an inherited heart condition and needs to take medicaments for it. He could receive a new, improved heart made from his own cell cultures, but he is really scared of the surgery (ironic, because he has a very dangerous job and could die in much more terrible ways on missions)
3. Studied medicine and originally wanted to become a surgeon, but despite his immense knowledge and theoretical skills he had not what is needed to be one. So he became a psychiatrist and a field mission healing mage (who performs simpler tasks and little surgeries) instead.
4. His brother Mikhail is a sociopath (or in medical terms, has ASPD) and unable to empathize with others (he is, however, not a bad guy nor dangerous). Nikolai is highly empathic and does also develop extra empathical skills after he is exposed to the so called "red essence", a mysterious, alien crystalithe that alters living matter (in his case it changed the connections of his neurons).
Despite being so completely different in personality and level of socializing, Nikolai and Mikhail like each other a lot. Mikhail does so just in his own, logical and distanced way. They also call each other by their russian pet names: Kolja (Nikolai) and Misha (Mikhail)
5. He always falls in love with dysfunctional people. His ex girlfriends were either sick with jealousy, narcissistic or downright bipolar. He eventually begins something with a colleague, a doctor working at the medical station of PSI. She might be the only mentally healthy person he ever dated, lol.
That "problem" even extends to men, for his dear Loui isn't really right in his head either. Nikolai is aware of it and does, jokingly, even refer to himself as dysfunctional. And yeah, he is bisexual, even tho he sees himself mostly as "straight".
6. He loves pets, especially cats. He always wanted to have one, but his sister was attacked and traumatized by a cat as a child and so pets were permitted at home. And as an adult he has such little time to care for a pet (plus Loui, who hates and is allergic to cats, would probably kill it XD)
7. He was a edgy rocker in his teenage days. Or more like an emo or pop punk kid. He was a teen in the 2020s and in the 20s that Emo thing was back in full bloom. Every trend will come back, won't it?
8. He loves cooking. He got this passion from his dad, who had to care for his three children as a single father after Mikhail's and Nikolai's mother died shortly after arriving in London (their sister has a different mother). His father therefore had to learn and master it by himself or else the kids would have only had crap to eat.
So Nikolai's father taught him the high art of preparing russian foods and dishes and Nikolai loves to share the end results of this cross-generational practice with his fellow Tovarich (comrade).Tagging:
no one. If you want to do it, please go for it!